The major achievements of this project consisted of five main parts in this report as follows.
- For promoting the Extended Producer Responsibility （EPR） recycling system for the Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment（WEEE）in Taiwan, we analyzed domestic material flow of the WEEE and reviewed the similar process inland and aboard. We developed the methodology for prioritizing the WEEE items which should be included into the Extended Producer Responsibility recycling system first. Finally, the selected items and the implementation ways were suggested.
- We assisted to carry out the signed voluntary “Memorandum on Cooperation in Recycling of Waste Mobile Communications Equipment” between the EPA and the 15 mobile telecommunication industry representatives, including information update, industry guidance and results compiling and an exclusive web-site establishment.
- For promoting the recycling of Expanded Polystyrene（EPS）package, we compiled recycling information overseas, helped accomplishing the signing of a contract between the EPA and the EPS producers, assisted auditing process and assessed EPS package as the Due Recycled Waste according to the Waste Disposal Act in Taiwan.
- The comparison of municipal waste indicators between the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development （OECD）countries and Taiwan based on similar definitions and scope has been made in this project.
- Promoting the concept of “Integrated Product Policy” for Electrical and Electronic Equipment（EEE）products: First of all, we compiled the implementation measures and latest information of the Integrated Product Policy (IPP), the directive of Energy-using Products (EuP) and the directive of Restriction of Hazardous Substance (RoHS) in EU and other developed countries. Then, we analyzed the mentioned IPP-related policy and regulations for domestic applications. Besides, we drafted the management plan for the “design for environment（DfE）” according to the DfE article of the draft Act for Promotion Cycle of Waste Resources.
Copyright © 2019 財團法人環境資源研究發展基金會 Institute of Environment and Resources Rights Reserved.
Designed by www.diablodesign.eu.