The purpose of this project is to assist the Environmental Protection Administration, Executive Yuan in executing relevant authorizations regarding the Forward-Looking Plan for Integrated Management of Water Environment Improvement Project. Implementation results are as follows:
- Assist in the planning of water environment improvement projects for Zhongang River of Miaoli County and Shiniou River of Yunlin County. These projects include 8 corresponding site investigations (including main river streams, shore side streams, pipelines and their locations and expected construction sites), and 2 negotiation meetings with the local government. In addition, the project will also complete the filming of 3 Highlight documentaries: Taichung City’s Hweilai Water System [Restoration and enhancement – Li Ming Xinhweilai], Lyu-Chuan Canal [New Lyu Jie Liu – Xinsheng Taichung] and Yuling River of Yulin County [Restoration of Yunlin River] (Each consisting of a 10 minute full version and a 2 minute shortened version); as well as the evaluation of advisors, ecological investigations and other items of the forward-looking project.
- Completed 48 supplementary water quality and quantity investigations (including 30 for heavy metals), and providing water quality improvement strategies for Taichung Zhongang River Jianshang Bridge to Nangang River Chiaohe Section, Xinzhuwei River Fengchiao to Haifeng Bridge and Beigang River Tokoo Bridge to Guangwang Bridge water bodies.
- The structure planning for a central-local government data exchange internet platform has been proposed, with assistance given in compiling the 2019 River Remediation Assessment Draft. The project was carried out in accordance to the resolutions to the 2018 annual report and presentation audit meetings of the nation’s 22 cities, as well as assisted with the integration of the KPI of the 7 cities of central Taiwan. Furthermore, 30 cases of on-site water purification operation & maintenance supervision and 20 cases construction supervisions were implemented. Improvement plans were then provided.
- The pollution loading fishbone diagrams of Miaoli County’s Zhongang river, Yunlin County’s Xinhuwei River and Beigang River were updated updated based on the results of the supplementary water quality and quantity investigation, and the current establishment status of water purification facilities, while assisting with the follow-up checks on implementation of river pollution remediation facilities within the are of jurisdiction. Moreover, 3 River (Reservoir) Remediation Seminars were held, with the integration of Beigang River remediation planning and other relevant ecology investigation results.
- During the project period, the promotion and audit of water quality indicators from Changhua and Yunlin testing sites and resource production from livestock waste have been completed, with assistance given to follow-ups and water quality improvement suggestions. A proposal was made in designating Mailiao Township as demonstration in promoting resource production from livestock waste and implementing 50 livestock industry technology guidance and visits. Furthermore, 3 lectures have been held regarding promotion subjects and relevant government offices. 2 Chanhua and Yunlin resource usage research meetings were held to enforce the cooperation of livestock waste resource production policies.
- Assisted in the integration of monthly river water resource monitoring results of central Taiwan and analyzed the reason for water quality degrading, possible pollution sources and provision of a list of pollution causing businesses which local environment protection agencies should include as audit focus. In addition, 8 unmanned water quality monitoring operations were conducted, including Miaoli County Zhongang River & Da-an River, Taichung City Wu River, Yunlin Country Xinweihu River & Beigang River. The team also assisted in the follow-up and analysis of water quality from central Taiwan water weirs and promotion of management, as well as holding a business meeting regarding Changhua County’s Dongxi No. 2 & 3 and Babao 1 canal management methods (draft) . On 16th & 17th of November, a river remediation result event was held.
The team has successfully completed the items listed in the project supplementary regulations listed above; executed forward-looking water environment improvement plan and livestock waste resource production promotions, National river affairs management, in addition to proposing river pollution remediation strategies and relevant suggestions for Zhonggang River, Xinhuwei River, Beigang River and other water resources under the central Taiwan Jurisdiction.