- 檢測結果拜香及紙錢之PAHs排放係數分別為35.0及59.7 mg/kg，相關調查結果據以研擬整合性祭拜污染減量管理措施。
This project targets to assist EPA in reducing outdoor burning of folk worship activity and agriculture waste. Major tasks accomplished are: 1. To establish the baseline data of folk activity products, including its manufacture, import, sale, and use. 2. To summarize the achievement of pollution reduction of folk worship activity in every county and city. 3. To plan environmental temple certify system and to provide alternatives of folk worship activity. 4. To establish a platform for information exchange of open burning and host promotion activity. 5. To propose short, mid and long term promotion plans and integral management for EPA’s policy on reducing outdoor burning. The outcomes of this project are summarized as below:
- The basic information of 9,801 companies in manufacture, import or sale of worship paper money, incense, and firecracker is collected. A poll study concludes that there is 77% used of joss paper and 62% used of incense.
- The amount of worship joss paper collected increased 3.2 times from 2004 to 2008. In 2009, the accumulated amount of worship joss paper collected is 5,300 ton.
- The poll study that people’s recognition on government’s effort in reducing open burning pollution is between 9.2 to 33.1%. People’s preference in worship alternatives are replacing joss paper with donation, less burning of joss paper, and collecting to incinerator in sequence.
- The emission factors for the PAH’s are 35.0mg/kg for burning incense and 59.7 mg/kg for burning joss paper. The information were used to formulate integrated management measures in reducing pollution of folk worship activities.
- Four workshops of 200-delegates participated for reducing pollution from worship were hosted. Four workshops of 200-delegates participated for improving pollution from rice straw burning were hosted. Two meetings of large-scale temple from north, mid, south, and east region for religion and environmental dialogue were hosted.
- Model for temples with reducing worship burning and farm villages with reducing outdoor burning were demonstrated.
- 5,000 of reducing outdoor burning pamphlets and 30 DVDs were made, and the contents of reducing pollution from worship were also broadcasted at 275 times on Chinese New Year's Day, Lantern Festival and Ancestors Day. A platform with information in reducing pollution from folk’s activities and open burning of agriculture waste was established. A clean temple certify system and the relevant promotion plans were proposed.
- The short, mid and long term objectives, strategies and promotion plans are less burning of joss paper, replacing joss paper with alternative plan and no burning. Based on the above works, the effectiveness of reducing open burning implement was expand.